Letters from the Kingdom of Tune: Music Theory in the Fairy-Tale Series
Age: any from preschool. Level of training: beginners.
For individual or group music and piano lessons at school or at home.
Letters are personalized emails. In each message there is a small first-person narrative, colorful illustrations and educational material for printing and teaching.
The presence of a keyboard instrument is required. A digital piano/keyboard with the ability to connect to a computer is desirable.
The scope and sequence:
The First Letter:1. Introduction to Tonic, Subdominant and Dominant concepts.
2. Scale Degree IV. Subdominant key - practice the skill of playing in C major
3. Glissando - practice the skill to play on keys
The Second Letter:1. Skill to distinguish between 2 and 3 black keys.
2. Chromatic scale. Skill to play on keyboard
Repetition: Tonic, Subdominant, Dominant characters
The Third Letter:
- Dominant Second. Skill to play in C-Major
- Mastering Subdominant Key in C-Major. Skill to find and produce on keys
- Introduction of V Scale Degree. Skill to find and play in C-Major
- I - Tonic. Skill to play in C-Major
- Tonic Fifth. Skill to play in C-Major
The Forth Letter:
- Introduction of the II Scale Degree in C-Major
- Acquaintance with melodic and harmonic intervals using the example of Dominant and Tonic seconds. Skills to play the intervals.
- Acquaintance with the part of the Dominant Seventh chord in C-Major. Skill to play.
- Anchoring the concept of Tonic Fifth. Skill to play.
- Introduction of Hanon #1 Exercise. Skill to play.
The Fifth Letter:
- III Scale Degree. Introduction of the III Scale Degree in C-Major. Skill to find and play.
- Anchoring of the skill to play the Chromatic Scale. Learning to play the exercise with different timbers and dynamics.
- Preparation for mastering the Minor keys
The Fifth Letter:
- VI Scale Degree. Acquaintance with the sixth step of the mode and its functions in fairy-tale format.
- Introduction of the 6th Scale Degree in C-Major. Building the skills to find and to play.
- Developing skills of drawing sharps, slurs and ties, whole notes
- Acquaintance with Subdominant Third. Building the skills to find and play.
- Acquaintance with the intervals inversions on the example of the Subdominant Third - Sixth.
- Skill of finding and playing the Subdominant triad in C-Major
- Inversions of Subdominant triads - second and third inversions. Skills to play.
The Seventh Letter:
- VII Scale Degree - the Leading Tone. Acquaintance with the seventh step of the mode and its functional features.
- The development of skills of finding and producing the VII in C-Major
- Introducing the Tritone Interval
- Acquaintance with the inversions of the Tritone from the augmented forth to diminished fifth and vice versa. Skills to play.
- Skill of visual recognition of line and space notes
- Skill playing Tritone resolution in the Tonic Third or Sixth
The Eighth Letter:
- Mastering the skill of finding and producing Dominant Scale Degree in C-Major.
- The concept of Deceptive Resolution: relationship between Dominant and VI Scale Degree
- Mastering the skills to find and play Tonic Fifth.
- Tonic Triad. Learning through production of the triad in C-Major on piano keys.
- Skills to find and play the Tonic Triad in open or close spacing.
- First steps of learning the Minor Scale: Minor III Scale Degree
- Minor Tonic triad from C. Skill to find and play.
- Skills to play the Minor Triad in the open and close spacing.
- Minot Tonic Third. Playing from key C
- Skills to play Major and Minor Tetrachords from C
The Ninth Letter:
- Acquaintance with the main characters of the Soft Mozart system - Butterfly, Oops and Spider
- Skill of defining Step and Half Step with the help of a butterfly. Measurement of intervals in butterflies - steps and half steps.
- Anchoring the knowledge of the chromatic scale, as a sequence of Half Steps
- Anchoring the skill to recognize, find and produce Triton on piano keys.
The Tenth Letter:
- Introduction to the concept of intervals within 1 octave
- Formation of the skill to measure the intervals in scale degrees and Steps and Half Steps
- The structure of Major and Minor Scales. Developing the skills to count and play.
- Anchoring the knowledge of all the Scale Degrees and playing the, in C-Major. Developing skills to measure the distance between them in steps and half steps,
- Learning the names of all intervals within one octave
- Introduction to the concept of the octaves
- The skill to play C-Major by separate hands and both hands in contrary motion.
- Anchoring the concept of Minor Scale
- Introduction to the Minor Scale structure
- Learning the peculiarities of the Scale Degrees in Minor through Visual perception. Developing skills to play natural Minor
- Anchoring the interval - seconds
- Major and Minor seconds - skills to play
- Major and Minor thirds - skills to play
- Perfect Forth and Fifth. The concept. Skills to play.
- Inversion of Perfect Forth into Perfect Fifth. Skills to play.
- Determination of the Perfect Fourth and Fifth by measuring in Steps and Half Steps. Theory skills to measure.
- Major and Minor Subdominant Triad. Anchoring the triads and developing skills to find and play them from C
- Minor Dominant Triad in Natural Minor. Skills to find and play in C - Minor.
- Anchoring the Harmonic and Melodic Intervals. Skills to play.
- Harmonic Minor. Introduction. Building blocks. Skills to play
- Melodic Minor. Introduction. Building blocks. Skills to play
- Tetrachords. Definition. Introduction. Building blocks. Skills to play
The Thirteenth Letter:
- Sharps and Flats. General view
- First circle of the Music Alphabet. The basis for learning scales and tonalities.
The Fourteenth Letter:
- Introduction to Cadence
- Building skills to play Perfect Cadence in C-Major and C-Minor
- Primary Chords - introduction to the concept
- Stable and Unstable scale degrees in music. Introduction to the concept. Building the the skills to play.
The Fifteenth Letter:
- Feature of the Grand Staff building blocks: notes on lines and between lines. Notion and visual presentation.
- The Second circle of the Music Alphabet. The basis for learning the order of line and space notes, chords and triads. Practical skills to memorize and chant the order.
- Module "Fruit Lines": creating, developing and improving the skill of reading lines and spaces on the keys and the Grand Staff
The Sixteenth Letter:
- Concept of note duration. . Понятие.
- Acquaintance with the sign of the Treble clef. Work on the practical skill of writing the Treble Clefs
- Acquaintance with the sign of the Bass clef. Work on the practical skill of writing the Bass Clefs