Piano intensive course for adults-beginners. Lesson 2
Did you know?
The lines of the Grand Staff are symmetrically placed around the Middle C?
Printout this best kept secret of the music industry!
1. Keep practicing 5 fingers exercise. Name each note sequence of right and left hand.
Here is a video sample for you from one of our students:
2. Exercise Hanon #1
This exercise is very important for exploring and learning the piano keys' geography and learning essential fingers' management for 'walking' among the piano keys and skipping one key occasionally.
Watch the video and learn how to play the Hanon #1 with your right, left and both hands slowly.
You can learn how to play the exercise with or without piano key guides or stickers.
Watch the following video and practice:
Keep practicing Note Alphabet module. Stop it after 15-20 minutes of the game time by pressing F1 key.
Here is a video from one of our students:
Write the score down:
Date Note Alphabet 15 min **** points.
Add new piece to your: Gentle Piano® Module.
H.Hiner 'Etudes for your eyes': LINES 1
Attention - the Etude for your eyes are designed for your vision - not necessary for your ears!
Before you start working on our exercises, please, keep in mind:
It is not music composition. We made the exercises as less musical as possible to avoid any memorization of the material to engage your eye-sight in the process of sight-reading more intensively.
These exercises will help your eyes to focus on the lines and grasp corresponding keys simultaneously.
We recommend playing these etudes on 2, 4, 5 and 6 visual modes (press 2, 4, 5 or 6 on your computer keyboard).
Use of 1 and 3 may distract you from the perception of the lines.
Download and save the following files:
2. Go to your Songs Library folder. If your computer is Windows, go to disk C --> Program Files (X86) --> Soft Mozart --> Songs
3. Copy - paste the LMZ file that you just saved to any folder or create separate folder. *You can use your 0 folder, where you placed your butterfly LMZ file from the previous lesson*
4. Open Gentle Piano program and find the Album where you saved the pieces
1. Album Nursery Primer Level 0 in Gentle Piano module
Play all the piano pieces on the 4th mode (horizontal with colors) using both hands.
2. Album Favorite Classic Primer
Practice all piano pieces on 2nd mode using separate hands.
Use S to hear the piano piece AFTER the first try.
Have two tries
Write the score down and see the improvement.
If you have any questions or comment, let me know.
Open the "Introductory Songs" Level 0.0 in Gentle Piano® module
'Hot Cross Buns"
1. Play the piece with right, left and both hands.
2. Play the song with the right hand again. After that press R for the right hand and H (h-hide) to hide the notes of the right hand.*see all the hot keys by pressing F1 help button.*
You may consider using solfeggio syllables for memorizing the melody of the right hand (press I for solfeggio and A for alphabet notes names
3. Play the song with the left hand and after that with LH to memorized the chords of the left hand.
4. Play the song using both hands again (P) and hide all the notes (PH)
Share your results in your progress diary.
One of our success stories:
Want to receive our lessons in form of personalized emails? Click here to subscribe!
Here in the forum is the place for your Progress Diary
Always check, if we have any recitals in progress. The place for recitals is here